We’ve been on dozen of ships in our lives. However, we’ve never been on a cruise.
That said, there’s always been something very appealing about sailing around in the Caribbean islands like Anguilla and enjoying great meals. But somehow, over our years of travel, a cruise has somehow slipped further and further from our travel to do list.
Recently, I’ve heard some great things about cruises from many of our traveling friends. It’s got me thinking, and doing some research into why a cruise may make sense for us.
Here are some of our favorite reasons why a cruise might be worth a try:
- It’s easy to entertain everyone. Cruise liners are like mini cities, with shopping malls, restaurants, gyms, and great facilities for the kids.
- Cruises come in almost any type (from family friendly to adult only) and go to almost any destination (from Alaska to Antarctica to the Caribbean).
- You don’t have to constantly pack and unpack.
- Meals are included (though you’ll pay for soft drinks and alcoholic drinks on many cruises).
- A cruise lets you sample many different sights. Each day you’ll wake up to a different view and culture to explore.
- Simplicity. Everything from meals to entertainment to where you’ll sleep is pre-arranged.
While we haven’t decided for sure that a cruise is right for us, it’s starting to look a more and more tempting these days…
Have you ever been on a cruise? What did you think?